Senior Compensation Analyst
Role of HR Business Partner in Learning and Development
For large organizations with centralized support functions, the HR Business Partner (HRBP) is an integral link between the Business Unit (BU) and HR, and is generally the focal point for the execution of HR processes to support the BU’soperations. At the same time, working closely with the business provides the vantage point from wherethe HRBP is better able to evaluate and correlate business and individual performance to identify relevant human factors, in the analysis of the gaps, and design L&D initiatives to address them.
The HRBP would ensure that processes are in place forthe retention and developmentof talent tobuild organizational capability for sustainable growth. Some of the processes, tools and information resources to support this objective are as follows:
- Job Descriptions for all positions, with the required levels for applicable Behavioral and Technical competencies, are available,and discussed & reviewed withthe relevant employees and managers,
- individual performance targets are regularly defined against SMART objectives and are in alignment with the business/department objectives for the year/term
- performance scores are available
- personality profiles of the incumbents in key rolesas well as those of high potentials, their career drivers and other relevant information is available
Armed with the above the HRBP would:
- Bench-mark high performers with the relevant competencies and build an objective framework to identify development needs for current and future incumbents
- Advise management on the right team mix
- Advise managers on coaching and counselling staff on their performance and possible career paths in addition to inputs on succession planning and promotions
- Introduce cultural interventions, as and when required in order to facilitate change management
An on-going dialog with management and rapport with the staff is vital to ensure the right people are doing their jobs right, with joy, today and tomorrow.