Going Beyond Resume
In the fast paced environment of hiring nos. / filling candidates as per Project requirements, there are instances where the candidate turns out to be best performers / failures on the floor post recruiting.
If the Recruitment team has to go beyond the resume, first of all the team should be adequately trained and provided with the required resources in terms of Time, Manpower and support.
How a Resume looks in general
- A brief resume which talks about personal details and not in detail about professional achievements
- A resume, where the resume talks about both personal and professional details in brief
- A resume where the details run in pages giving a detailed description of all personal and professional achievements
How to Go “BEYOND THE RESUME”
- As a Recruiter / Interviewer, he/she has to go through the resume, prepare notes on the questions to be asked or the detailing to be done.
- Once done, the candidate shall be called and a detailed discussion shall happen covering all aspects right from schooling to the recent job and the achievements.
- Recruiter / Interviewer should spend at least 30-60 minutes with each candidate to understand the Strengths / Areas of Improvements / Career highlights / expectations and record the same
- The details should be shared with other Interviewers so that they can add their comments / suggestions
- Prepare a detailed notes / synopsis of each candidate culminating as a CANDIDATE PROFILE, so that the candidate is known thoroughly
By religiously following the procedure, the details can be captured and the candidate can be placed in the right position by providing right environment
All teams in the Organization should plan well in advance about the requirements, so that Recruitment team is provided adequate time to hire the right candidate.
Above all, the Recruitment Team should be trained enough in mastering the art of going “BEYOND THE RESUME”